Monday, July 23, 2012

Money Management Mondays: Check Your Bank Accounts

If you are really budgeting, you should be checking your bank accounts to track expenditures anyways.  Reasons to check your account often include:
  • Keeping an extra good eye on your bank account will help you to recognize any possible mischarges or identity-theft (I've actually had this happen before but because they were charging such ridiculous things and had large charges that my bank froze my account and called me even before I noticed). 
  • Knowing how much money you have in different accounts will keep you on track in terms of big financial goals and will remind you of the big picture of your finances
  • Avoiding overdraft fees--for this you will also need to keep track of money that you might have spent that hasn't necessarily been pulled--a check to school or a charge that hasn't gone through


No comments:

Post a Comment