Thursday, June 21, 2012

6 Reasons I sign up for samples and freebies:


  1. In the large scale, they help.  While it might not seem like a pack or two of dish soap would do very much, when you get multiple packs over a time period, you can fill half a bottle of dish soap for free(like Holly and I did at the end of the school year, when we didn’t want to go out and buy and entire bottle that we wouldn’t be able to finish and didn’t want to store).
  2. They take almost no time to sign up for, meaning the savings per hour can be really worth it.
  3. You never know when you will get something extra good.  Some examples: StriVectin samples that were the trial size and worth $19 on Amazon, which I sold because as much as I like nice skin care, I don’t REALLY need wrinkle repair.  I also have received coupons for full size freebies with samples, including one for up to $5 off a bottle of Herbal Essences shampoo, which was enough to get a huge one that lasted me an entire school year!
  4. They help to change your mind set about buying lots of things.  The amount of things I grab at Target just randomly has exponentially decreased.  Holly and I both talk about how it’s even become kind of hard to buy things that we need, because we’ve gotten things that we need for free before: suddenly everything seems expensive.  Freebies (and deal shopping) really change the way that you view prices.
  5. You get to try things so that if you do need to buy something in the future, you know if you like it or if it works for you already.  Which is great especially if you are like me, and sometimes go a little overboard buying in bulk only to realize that you don’t really like something and now you have a lot of it.
  6. Because freebies get sent right to your door.  And who doesn’t love mail? Especially surprise, I-got-something-for-nothing mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment